Utilizing the Laser for Surgery we have Increased the Quality of Care Delivered in the following ways.
- No general anesthesia (hospitalization) is required
- Local anesthetic/“Numbing” is not always required
- Laser procedures are relatively quick
- The laser reduces the risk of bleeding and inflammation both during and after laser surgery.
- Use of the laser minimizes the risk of damage to adjacent tissues when compared to traditional surgical methods. Therefore, healing time is quicker and there is less post op discomfort than with traditional methods which require a scalpel and/or cauterizing procedure.
- Stitches/sutures are very rarely required
- Post operative discomfort is typically limited to a few hours after the numbing has disappeared
- Little to no scar tissue has been noted