YOUR CHILD’S FIRST DENTAL VISIT IN OUR OFFICE WILL INCLUDE:
Caregivers play an important role in preparing a child for his/her first visit to the dentist. Any anxiety on your part may be sensed by your child.
Tell your child we will “count” and “take pictures” of their teeth. It is best if you refrain from using words around your child that may cause unnecessary fear such as needle, pull, drill or hurt.
Pediatric dental offices make a practice of using words that convey the same message but are pleasant and non-frightening.
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Discussion of Diet
- Home oral hygiene which consists of tooth brushing, tooth paste, flossing and fluoride treatment
- Oral habits (thumb sucking, finger sucking and pacifier use)
- Tooth brushing technique for your child
- Occlusion (bite)
- Behavior management for home oral hygiene
- A diagnosis and treatment plan will be discussed with parent(s)